An internationally renowned tourist destination and famous for its incomparable beauty and mild climate, the town on the southern coast of the Sorrento Peninsula, known as the Amalfi Coast, is closed by the foothills of the mountains Lattari. White houses and narrow streets, many of them with steps, characterize the village, a typical example of Mediterranean architecture. It is an archiepiscopal seat. The Cathedral, dedicated to St. Andrew, is the most impressive building of Amalfi: a rare beauty, built in sec. IX, refurbished in 1203 in the Arab-Norman forms, and restored several times, has a solemn steps to the side of which rises the bell tower (XII-XIII), which preserves intact the polychromy, typical of the Romanesque architecture of the area.
The Valley, for its wildlife and environmental characteristics, is now a nature-oriented reserve, declared a World Heritage Site, and will enchant on pleasant walks.